In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Opioids can cause itching, by releasing histamine from mast cells.
- The allergic reaction causes the cells to release histamine, a chemical which prompts the sneezing and itching impulse.
- Quercetin reduces histamine degranulation and the subsequent release of histamine and inflammatory leukotrienes.
- In anaphylactic reactions it does switch off the cells that are releasing histamine…
- Allergic reactions involve the release of histamine, a chemical that triggers inflammation and swelling.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.