In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1historiador masculinehistoriadora feminine
- It will be interesting how historians take a look at articles like this and the man himself.
- His method of measuring benefit betrays his background as an economic historian.
- This fact, which had eluded historians, was recorded on the back of the photograph.
- I've become a better student and a better historian than I ever imagined I could be.
- However, this is essentially where the story seems to end for most social historians.
- In the past, says Stearn, historians were called upon for their particular expertise.
- Irish history is a fraught and cobbled terrain across which historians frequently stumble.
- The answer is just a computer click away thanks to historians at the National Archives.
- This may be a job for the historians and the Public Record Office files in 30 years' time.
- In any case, the gap between the family and local historians and the scholarly historian is not so wide as it once was.
- The calculation of casualties presents military historians with real problems.
- Where they do appear in general histories, the historians often seem unsure how to deal with them.
- A music historian could comment on the instruments used for serenades and aubades.
- Aussie man has been identified as the rightful King of England by a leading historian.
- In the view of many people and of many historians, history is composed of dead people and old facts.
- All hail the beneficent spirit that motivates these historians of social ethics!
- All were key moments in British history, all have been studied by historians for centuries.
- The result is a fascinating odyssey into English history and into the historian's craft.
- Alas, they soon learn that historians have biases and intellectual capital to maintain.
- It is this last feature which has given the book a special fascination for food historians.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.