In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(murder list)lista de sentenciados feminine
- Naxalites should announce that all kidnappers will be on their hit list.
- Some people at home could become very rich people if he makes a copy of somebody on the bookies hit list.
- Basildon was on the hit list that came out after The Daily News press was blown up inexplicably.
- The Burke Group claims a 96 per cent strike rate in fighting 700 union recognition campaigns, although its hit list is entirely American.
- Writer Holy Sklar comments: ‘A hit list that starts with court judges and ends with etcetera is a mighty broad license for murder.’
- Those on the hit list were to be killed for their criticism of radical Islam, the letter said.
- Police say Carl Williams is a likely suspect on the gangland hit list, and have offered him police protection, which he has refused.
- The famous quote that ‘if they have a hit list, I too have one’ is attributed to Mr. Ribeiro.
- It's funny until you're the one who's on her hit list.
- This case was started when an abortion doctor was killed and within hours his name was crossed off the hit list.
- As a result of that we've been informed that we are on the terrorists' hit list, or death list.
- Standing up Seth slid out of the seat intending to search for the subject at the top of his hit list.
- Suddenly, this man jumped to the top of my hit list, finally toppling Richard Whitely from the number one spot.
- The Telegraph reported that it had obtained a copy of the diary and could find no reference to death threats or hit lists.
- Other government ministers are also believed on the rebel hit list.
- He suggests that there's a Syrian hit list targeting Lebanese politicians.
- He would have probably still been secretly writing his hit list with her name on top if he hadn't driven her home that night.
- To Daycan's mind she muttered: ‘All the people on my hit list have reasons for my revenge.’
- Already hit lists are circulating among the civilian populations of the zone warning certain people to leave if they want to stay alive.
- His name was discovered on a Nazi hit list after the war.
2(blacklist)lista negra feminine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.