In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1escuadrón de asesinos masculinecomando de asesinos masculine
- And for as long as there have been informers, there have been hit squads and assassins ready to liquidate them.
- He was linked to a hit squad that murdered Iraqi dissenters in Europe.
- ‘It's a hangover from being followed everywhere by hit squads,’ he says.
- The CIA provided lists of suspected communists for Ba'ath Party hit squads, who liquidated at least 800 people.
- Many of the victims of the Klan hit squads were abducted at gunpoint, and later killed.
- But if it's a team, a hit squad, there will be others - there probably has been already.
- For a 13 year-old, the kid has more gumption than most counter-terrorist hit squads.
- This makes them an even softer target for the hit squads.
- Mrs. Bhutto was run out of office in 1996 on charges of corruption, economic incompetence and the sanctioning of police hit squads.
- The unit will also be able to send hit squads into ‘failing’ police stations.
- The targeting was far from professional and many of the victims of these government - backed hit squads were innocent civilians.
- It has ordered CIA hit squads to assassinate a foreign head of state.
- Informants of the US police are willing to testify that Rizzuto was part of a hit squad that took down three Mafia heads in Montreal.
- It's that freedom of speech thing I'm always going on about in my brownshirt hit squad way.
- And if you don't kill us he will have a hit squad go after your family and there is no way we are going to let you kill us.
- The army claims that its hit squads only operate behind enemy lines but the manner in which those arrested operated raises doubts.
- He had hit squads going all over the place and he also arrested another former military president.
- The agency, he said, had gone as far as establishing hit squads to carry out the assassination when the opportunity arose.
- It promoted a range of activities, including the direct action methods of the hit squads that targeted the police, the NCB and scabs.
- UK businesses that fail to adhere to data protection laws face criminal prosecution following the creation of a new hit squad.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.