In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(beside open fire)placa feminine
- Inside the original rafters and walls are adorned by two splendid hobs over a fireplace.
- In Granny Kilpatrick's cookhouse stood a great black stove and all the pots sat around on the big white hobs.
- It began to respond to the demands of Britain's burgeoning towns and cities for cast iron - for rainwater goods, street furniture, fireplaces, hobs and grates and all manner of other items.
2British(of cooker)hornillas feminine River Plate Latin Americahornillos masculine Spainhornallas feminine River Plateplatos masculine Chile
- There is an integrated electric oven, gas hob, fridge and dishwasher.
- Standard features include fully tiled and fitted kitchens with integrated appliances including stainless steel ovens, hobs, fridge-freezers, dishwashers and washing machines.
- The evening is already short, so I put on the hob to heat water for eggs.
- Off the back of the hallway is the ceramic tiled kitchen, a bright room with a high ceiling, cream wooden units, a cooker, gas hob and integrated dishwasher and fridge freezer.
- A bookshelf displays an array of well-thumbed cookbooks, and the kettle bubbles on the hob.
- The kitchen has a range of wall and floor units, an integrated fridge freezer, a hob, oven and extractor fan.
- Purchase rates for electric cookers and hobs are also above average.
- An unusual feature is the electric hob which incorporates a barbecue grill and deep fat fryer as well as two electric plates.
- She opened the lid of one of the Aga hobs and put a frying pan on it.
- Integrated appliances include a four ring electric hob with single oven, fridge-freezer, dishwasher and washing machine.
- Appliances include a fitted hob and oven, an integrated fridge freezer and plumbing for a dishwasher.
- The kitchen/breakfast room is fitted with maple wall and floor units, a terracotta tiled splashback, gas hob and another cast iron fireplace.
- Standard features in all properties include fitted kitchens with a range of built-in appliances including integrated fridge-freezers, electric hobs and ovens.
- All kitchens are fitted with an oven, gas hob, cooker hood, fridge-freezer and combined washing machine and tumble drier.
- The fitted units here are white and there is also a double sink, an integrated fridge and an electric hob and wall oven.
- Both have a number of integrated appliances including oven, hob, extractor fan, fridge-freezer, dishwasher and microwave.
- Open the windows and switch on the extractor fan above the hob.
- It's a dual-fuel range cooker of timeless design, combined with a powerful six-burner gas hob, three electric ovens and a grill.
- We have an extractor fan in the kitchen which is over the hob.
- The kitchen has a cooker, hob and microwave which will all be staying in the property.
- Electrical appliances include an oven and hob, and an integrated fridge/freezer and dish washer.
- Dissolve the sugar solution to a clear syrup on the hob over a gentle heat, stirring once or twice.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.