1Veterinary Sciencecorvejón masculinejarrete masculine
- The head of a boisterous party of ex-public schoolboys calls over the waiter and asks for a bottle of hock.
- Lets have a glass of hock, shall we?
- This name being a bit of a tongue twister for the petite bourgeoisie who were immediately attracted to it, the truncated version, hock, became the name for every wine from the Rhine.
- Then there were the working class and lower class who would all be crowded into the third part of the train, all having had to hock much of their possessions to even make the passage.
- The enlisted servicemen and women hock stuff in the pawn shops and borrow against payday.
- It is important for the narrative's subtextual meaning that she gives him her wedding ring to hock for money to buy the heroin.
- Looks like he hocked some of our stuff and used the money.
- In a state of financial desperation, the camera captures Christophe hocking his musical instruments, the things he loves the most.
- You'll know all about it when I hock the microwave!
- We are pretty much the pimps of capitalism, hocking the wares of whoever shows us the money.
- They had concerns at the time that Herd would hock the cup for drinking money.
- With all the hi-tech digital tools available, new filmmakers are finding they can create cinema without hocking their homes or putting their day jobs on hold.
- When he can't take the pressures of his dying brother any more, he hocks his father's most expensive watch so he can buy a hit of heroin.
- As a matter of fact, the luckiest thing about it is that, if I ever had to, I could hock it’.
- And though every sign in her life seems to be telling her she can't go to the contest, she begs, borrows and steals - even hocks her mother's diamond engagement ring - to get herself to Florida to compete.
1(pawn)my watch is in hock — tengo el reloj empeñado
- to get sth out of hock — desempeñar algo
- before noun hock shop — casa de empeños
2(debt)I'm in hock to the bank for $5,000 — le debo $5.000 al banco
- we'll soon be out of hock — pronto nos habremos quitado las deudas de encima
3slang(prison)cárcel femininetalego masculine Spain slangbote masculine Mexico informalcana feminine South America slang