In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1also ice hockey
UShockey sobre hielo masculine(player/game) de hockey sobre hielohockey puck — disco masculine
- hockey rink — rink de hockey sobre hielo
- So successfully in fact, that she was picked for Kent's youth teams for both hockey and cricket.
- Admittedly, hockey is a team game, and we cannot attribute all losses just to one person.
- After half an hour a few more people start to turn up and the hockey gets under way.
- She is in Huntington School girls' football team and enjoys playing hockey and netball.
- Kevin, a goal keeper, plays hockey all over the world as his work takes him to new places.
- The centre is host to a number of different sports including hockey, soccer and cricket.
- What Indian players need is competitive hockey rather than long overdrawn camps.
- It was a night of disappointment for Orkney on Friday as the senior football and hockey teams lost out.
- Football, hockey and tennis will be available for both school and community use.
- The second-half saw an excellent game of hockey with both teams determined to dominate.
- The team will need to tighten its defence, play possession hockey and score more goals if it is not to be relegated.
- The garden is situated beyond the Camellia House, behind the wall that runs alongside the hockey pitch.
- But this time on the synthetic turf pitches that are an integral part of the modern game of hockey.
- In truth, though, Oxford did not produce the hockey they are no doubt capable of in the second period.
- Vicky has physiotherapy every day at school and plays hockey for the school team.
- Andy Gard was a healthy teenager who loved all sports and played hockey for his county.
- It will mean we'll be able to extend our facilities for hockey, football, netball and basketball.
- There is no indication what the surface was, but it served for all manner of games from football to hockey, to cricket.
- Now children have the choice of all these plus football, hockey and gymnastics.
- Major team sports include rugby, soccer and cricket for boys and hockey and netball for girls.
2British(played on grass)hockey (sobre hierba) masculine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.