In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tonterías femininechorradas feminine Spain informalpendejadas feminine Latin America Southern Cone informalpavadas feminine River Plate informalleseras feminine Chile informal
- The story and particularly the ending is utter hogwash, making no sense in relation to the rest of the film and offering no kind of satisfying conclusion to the story.
- Everybody who's actually seen the movie loves it and says the charge of anti-Semitism is hogwash.
- Trust me, these ‘get rich quick’ advertisements are pure bull, guff and hogwash!
- The frequently repeated notion that ‘things were very different back then’ is plain hogwash.
- Nebraskans are a commonsensical lot, and they know hogwash when they hear it.
- 8.20: Well that was a waste of time. Bit of smoke, a few sparks, but basically a load of hogwash.
- But to suggest the new legislation denies them their democratic rights is hogwash.
- This is hogwash and this isn't true.
- But he said in a telephone interview Sunday that the written memo ‘was hogwash.’
- The real hogwash commenced after results started pouring in.
- Normally I'd consider that dangerous hogwash, but sometimes, sometimes I do wonder.
- So don't give us that hogwash about jobs anymore.
- People seem to believe hogwash if it validates some notion they cherish.
- They would tell me if they thought something was just hogwash, or if they were completely dissatisfied by an answer - or a question.
- Rivers and streams are being paved everywhere, the general justification being flood control, when in fact it's hogwash.
- It was a big group of writers who created this hogwash under a common name.
- It's hogwash to try and persuade the third world of football that ambition will see them through some day.
- All this stuff about the need to be ‘relevant’ is just a bunch of hogwash to me which puts strategy ahead of substance.
- It's a hysteria which makes otherwise perfectly intelligent people go on television and talk utter hogwash.
- As you can see, all this advice being offered by these so-called ‘online experts’ is nothing but hogwash and claptrap.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.