In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1comunicación interventricular congénita feminine
- They diagnosed her with Ventricular Septal Defect - a hole in the heart's wall - a type of heart malfunction present at birth.
- The first problem is that there's a hole in the heart between the right and left chamber.
- The boy's mother said he had been treated for a hole in the heart and a leaky heart valve.
- In 1960 only one in five babies born with a complex heart defect, such as a hole in the heart, survived beyond childhood.
- He was only about 11 months old when it was discovered that he had severe coronary problems, including a hole in the heart.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.