In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1feminine vaca holandesa
- Still, most Wisconsin dairy producers favor Holsteins over Jerseys.
- When he and his family came to Canada five years ago, they built a barn, acquired 80 Holsteins and got to work.
- His winning Holstein cow snatched the prize for the supreme cattle champion.
- Raw milk supply is not an issue - the company processes milk from its own herd of 1,300 Holsteins.
- He once had a conventional dairy with 40 Holsteins in a stall barn.
- Cross-breeding Holstein dairy cows with Jerseys is boosting milk income on Pembrokeshire's spring calving farms.
- Without grain in summer, the Holsteins and Jerseys got too skinny.
- Twenty-three hundred Holstein cattle were maintained at the dairy with 1300 cows milked three times daily.
- Its 6,000 Holstein cattle loll in the sun waiting to be milked.
- The farmer says the Holstein's fodder must be of high quality.
- Cheese is huge business in a town where the community of Holsteins and Jerseys rivals the human population in size, where the high school's team name is the Cheesemakers.
- With a combined total of 25,000 Holstein cows including replacement heifers, Braum's owns its own milking herd of 10,000 cows.
- On the other side of a barbed wire fence, a herd of Holsteins turns its full attention to the noisy newcomers.
- Entries have been particularly strong in the Limousin and Holstein cattle breeds and in the Texel and Suffolk sheep categories.
- Much of his collection deals with important livestock such as Holstein cattle and Yorkshire pigs.
- Crossbreeding refers to breeding different types of cows, like a Holstein and a Jersey.
cabeza de ganado holandés o frisón
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.