In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In the meantime, the need for large homesites spread over vast tracts of land prevails, because people are too self-centred to think of protecting the environment.
- Entry-level price for a must-have homesite is $2 million.
- He has a new career in front of the camera - telling cable TV viewers to join him in buying cheap homesites in California and Florida.
- Single-site homesites usually offer larger tracts of land, more privacy and the opportunity to express individuality in the home's exterior, without having to submit plans for community approval.
- The original plan had 100 homesites on 130 acres and included areas for commercial lots and a future fixed-base operation.
- The Hearst Corporation retains the right to develop a boutique luxury hotel and 27 owner homesites across the ranch.
- Some developers try to squeeze in as many homesites as possible to maximize profits.
- A spot overlooking the French Broad River, he thought, might make a good homesite.
- Do they believe that offices, stores, and schools will scale themselves down and intersperse themselves nicely among these 5-acre homesites?
- Since some of these sites have now been developed as homesites, they still pose a health risk to city dwellers.
- Nearly every homesite borders natural open space or desert.
- I can't deny that the two blocks mentioned would make good homesites but it is definitely short-sighted of the Council to make a quick monetary gain at the expense of the community they supposedly represent.
- In 1919 the U.S. Forest Service hired a young landscape architect, Arthur H. Carhart, and told him to do a survey for a road around the lake and several homesites on the lakeshore.
- The developers plan to recoup most of the construction costs from the sale of the 300 homesites on the 360-acre property.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.