In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Dress codes - from certain coloured clothes to keys in a back pocket - played their part in allowing those with homoerotic desires to find others.
- Yet who can ignore that the subtext of all this is homoerotic?
- As homoerotic subtexts go, it doesn't get much better.
- The film may be taken as an argument for how the repression of homoerotic desire leads to inauthenticity and death.
- We do not accept, however, that to reject homoerotic sexual practice as sinful is in itself homophobic.
- And there is little evidence that people who feel homoerotic attraction have, as a group, any less Darwinian fitness than those who don't.
- It's also a symbolic return of the homoerotic subtext that has been lost in the new Brit gangster film.
- It's a fable on good and evil with a heavy homoerotic subtext that wasn't in the original Melville novel.
- Gaston's real story involves what seems to be an accidental death of a childhood friend during a homoerotic role-playing game.
- Giggs and especially Beckham started to do homoerotic calendars and overtly sexual magazine spreads.
- This desire is most evident in the notorious, homoerotic wrestling match, where the two naked men grapple to a draw.
- And, is it just me or was the whole thing just a little too homoerotic?
- It's obvious that the homoerotic element in their relationship is very strong.
- The homoerotic component is, Minghella stresses, also present in the book, and merely accentuated by its depiction on celluloid as opposed to the page.
- It's one of the most homoerotic films I've ever seen.
- To this day it's regarded as the seminal cinematic expression of adolescent angst and homoerotic desire.
- These apple-cheeked boys exist in a fantasy world, where Aryan ideals of physical perfection meet up with homoerotic desire.
- The homoerotic element to the poem is more pronounced in Mitchell's translation than others, and it is also one of its authentic elements.
- At the age of 19 he moved to Helsinki where he enrolled in an art college and created his first homoerotic drawings.
- The legend, with the addition of a strong homoerotic current, was cemented by Derek Jarman's luminous film.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.