In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- More than half of these were for homosexual men.
- While this ruling complicates things a little bit, that law doesn't change what the church thinks about homosexual marriage.
- A third of the men still occasionally felt strong homosexual desire and even daydreamed about having gay sex.
- A gay university chaplain is calling for more tolerance as a dispute over homosexual priests threatens to split the Anglican church.
- This does not exclude the existence of pockets of the urban population with unrealized homosexual desires.
- Every witness they have talked to is homosexual or lesbian and they believe that everybody who saw this miracle is either gay or lesbian.
- Kinsey claimed that 13 percent of men and 7 percent of women are exclusively homosexual.
- She said that she's been in that situation before both with homosexual men and lesbian women.
- Do they find themselves having to refrain from acting upon homosexual urges because their chosen lifestyle is heterosexual?
- Perhaps the biggest bane for homosexuals in Singapore is a law that still criminalizes consensual homosexual acts.
- As somebody who's not felt homosexual temptation, I don't go around handing out free advice to those who do.
- Mrs Foreman said her group was not against homosexual people and respected their choice of sexuality.
- According to the police, he posted the photos in an effort to attract homosexual admirers.
- Lots of emphasis is likely to be placed on the effect that the Government's proposals for a civil partnerships register is going to have on homosexual couples.
- What he said was that he was fine with the notion of people being homosexuals as long as they didn't commit homosexual acts.
- The idea that homosexual men and lesbians form a ‘community’ is also a part of politically correct fantasy.
- Britain had decriminalized homosexual acts in private between consenting adults in the Sexual Offenses Act 1967.
- His predilection for favourites, whether or not based on homosexual attraction, was politically disastrous.
- Most such clients are deeply ambivalent about their homosexual attractions.
- First of all, I don't ask people if they're homosexual, lesbian or heterosexual.
- But I think at that time he was living a very flamboyant homosexual lifestyle.
- Even before she recognised that she was happy in a lesbian relationship she had homosexual friends.
- The two, who play at hating each other in school, share a deep bond that contains a heavy strain of homosexual attraction.
- Unwanted sexual experiences are common in both heterosexual and homosexual relationships.
- For example, unlike in many countries, homosexual acts between consenting adults are not considered an offence.
- As the most honest revisionists admit, the Bible has nothing good to say about homosexual sexual acts.
- The women claimed the ruling threatened unmarried heterosexual couples as well as homosexual and lesbian ones.
- I was under the impression that homosexual acts were common across many species of animal.
- Baker became the first jazz musician to attract a strong homosexual following.
- Throughout his life, homosexual acts were illegal in Britain.
- By contrast, consenting homosexual acts involving adults are essentially victimless and harmless.
- After the Righter trial, the way was open for bishops to ordain sexually active homosexual persons if they so chose.
- The first was a high profile case in Glasgow in which a lesbian couple tried to deny parental rights to the homosexual father who donated sperm for their baby.
- I've spoken with other Catholics with homosexual desires who would never speak about it publicly.
- The attempt is to compare being homosexual to being black.
- The Presbyterian Church has effectively become the first New Zealand denomination to allow homosexual ministers.
- I have got both heterosexual and homosexual friends.
- Sexual temptation, including homosexual temptation, is not sinful.
- One of the most common misconceptions about homosexual people is how our sexuality is determined.
- Before the lifting of the ban, some gay and lesbian soldiers already were known by their peers to be homosexual.
- In other words, bisexuals face discrimination only because they sometimes behave like homosexuals.
- This is what makes the situation of Cuban homosexuals a key test of the nature of democratic rights in Cuba.
- He did not understand or approve of homosexuals, but his oldest and most cherished friend from childhood was gay.
- The Internet has done a lot to increase the self-esteem of young, confused homosexuals.
- He shocked the nation by telling the Senate that homosexuals were mentally ill.
- Some say that acceptance is the key to solving the problems of homosexuals.
- There has been an increase in attacks on homosexuals and gay switchboards are finding that suicide threats have doubled.
- Seems like many guys in the world are homophobic, despite the rise in awareness about homosexuals.
- Every once in a while, the straight Australian male must come face to face with real life homosexuals.
- The lines quoted above were used to justify the stoning of homosexuals and the mistreatment of women.
- Many landmark cases saw homosexuals gaining more rights under Canadian and American laws.
- So while it is true to say the Church is anti-gay, it is bigoted to say that Catholics hate homosexuals.
- As in other parts of the world, this issue also concerns homosexuals and lesbians.
- Gay rights advocates celebrated it as an important step forward in the struggle for legal equality for homosexuals.
- The reader notes that, as usual, the number of homosexuals taking part was vastly exaggerated.
- Ministers have decided to give homosexuals the same protection as that enjoyed by ethnic minorities and the disabled.
- No longer can homosexuals or lesbians be stigmatized as sexual deviants by the law.
- Other homosexuals see same sex marriage as a tool to radically change society.
- A survey into crime against homosexuals is helping open the door on the gay scene in Newry and Mourne.
- Well, this might be true to some extent, but homosexuals aren't exactly a tiny minority.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.