In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- One of the most common misconceptions about homosexual people is how our sexuality is determined.
- But I think at that time he was living a very flamboyant homosexual lifestyle.
- More than half of these were for homosexual men.
- For example, unlike in many countries, homosexual acts between consenting adults are not considered an offence.
- The idea that homosexual men and lesbians form a ‘community’ is also a part of politically correct fantasy.
- The Presbyterian Church has effectively become the first New Zealand denomination to allow homosexual ministers.
- The attempt is to compare being homosexual to being black.
- According to the police, he posted the photos in an effort to attract homosexual admirers.
- A gay university chaplain is calling for more tolerance as a dispute over homosexual priests threatens to split the Anglican church.
- Do they find themselves having to refrain from acting upon homosexual urges because their chosen lifestyle is heterosexual?
- Most such clients are deeply ambivalent about their homosexual attractions.
- Lots of emphasis is likely to be placed on the effect that the Government's proposals for a civil partnerships register is going to have on homosexual couples.
- A third of the men still occasionally felt strong homosexual desire and even daydreamed about having gay sex.
- As somebody who's not felt homosexual temptation, I don't go around handing out free advice to those who do.
- What he said was that he was fine with the notion of people being homosexuals as long as they didn't commit homosexual acts.
- Sexual temptation, including homosexual temptation, is not sinful.
- Perhaps the biggest bane for homosexuals in Singapore is a law that still criminalizes consensual homosexual acts.
- After the Righter trial, the way was open for bishops to ordain sexually active homosexual persons if they so chose.
- The two, who play at hating each other in school, share a deep bond that contains a heavy strain of homosexual attraction.
- She said that she's been in that situation before both with homosexual men and lesbian women.
- I have got both heterosexual and homosexual friends.
- Even before she recognised that she was happy in a lesbian relationship she had homosexual friends.
- Throughout his life, homosexual acts were illegal in Britain.
- Baker became the first jazz musician to attract a strong homosexual following.
- Every witness they have talked to is homosexual or lesbian and they believe that everybody who saw this miracle is either gay or lesbian.
- Kinsey claimed that 13 percent of men and 7 percent of women are exclusively homosexual.
- Before the lifting of the ban, some gay and lesbian soldiers already were known by their peers to be homosexual.
- His predilection for favourites, whether or not based on homosexual attraction, was politically disastrous.
- As the most honest revisionists admit, the Bible has nothing good to say about homosexual sexual acts.
- I was under the impression that homosexual acts were common across many species of animal.
- First of all, I don't ask people if they're homosexual, lesbian or heterosexual.
- By contrast, consenting homosexual acts involving adults are essentially victimless and harmless.
- The women claimed the ruling threatened unmarried heterosexual couples as well as homosexual and lesbian ones.
- Mrs Foreman said her group was not against homosexual people and respected their choice of sexuality.
- While this ruling complicates things a little bit, that law doesn't change what the church thinks about homosexual marriage.
- Britain had decriminalized homosexual acts in private between consenting adults in the Sexual Offenses Act 1967.
- The first was a high profile case in Glasgow in which a lesbian couple tried to deny parental rights to the homosexual father who donated sperm for their baby.
- Unwanted sexual experiences are common in both heterosexual and homosexual relationships.
- I've spoken with other Catholics with homosexual desires who would never speak about it publicly.
- This does not exclude the existence of pockets of the urban population with unrealized homosexual desires.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.