In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1como es debidocomo Dios manda
- If, however, you're an honest-to-God psychic then I guess there's no point in seeing this; you already know what's going to happen.
- She's an honest-to-God psycho when it comes to those things.
- Everyone here treats them with honest-to-God conservative compassion, and they seem to be just fine with that.
- It's a paragraph from an honest-to-God news item.
- For two weeks I allowed myself foolish daydreams about going on an honest-to-God date.
- She knew the next question Shawn was going to ask, and intended to answer it with the honest-to-God truth.
- The flying was spread out over a couple of days and, at one point, he was doing a real, honest-to-God interview with me.
- I'm not involved with anyone else, that's the honest-to-God truth.
- The best solution is full-blooded, honest-to-God privatisation.
- It had been years since an honest-to-God woman had been in his life.
- Observers can debate whether the President considers his embellishments and misrepresentations to be the honest-to-God truth or whether he cynically hurls falsehoods to con the public.
- And I can tell when he's fibbing or when he's telling the honest-to-God truth.
- ‘I don't even know how to put this into words, to tell the honest-to-God truth,’ Harvick said after the win.
- If we are to judge journalism by the Washington press elite, it would appear that the art of honest-to-God investigative journalism is in retreat - and has been for some time.
- I'm looking forward to next semester, my first as an honest-to-God arts student.
- The honest-to-God truth was, he probably didn't care.
- The embarrassing truth is that the book needed much more editorial care and honest-to-God desk editing.
- The honest-to-God truth is that nobody in Russia or the West knows what he is going to do as president.
- It is an honest-to-God piece of calypso music, the tempo resolutely upbeat and the mood positively festive after the first couple of tracks.
- She is a brash, abusive, and obnoxious woman who seems to think she's a real, honest-to-God filmmaker.
1honest to God, Dad, I haven't seen him — te lo juro, papá, no lo he visto
- honest to God, how can you believe that? — pero por Dios ¿cómo puedes creerte eso?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.