In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Television Radioa nationwide hookup — una cadena nacional
- a satellite hookup — una conexión vía satélite
- Even with a satellite hookup, multiple televisions and an extended leave of absence from work, you couldn't possibly watch them all.
- In the future, it is likely that world leaders will meet over satellite TV hookups or online, making it harder to confront them or hold them accountable.
- The hotel group is also standardising amenities - including bath products, TVs, new beds and technology hook-ups - at all its hotels, which it categorizes as four-star properties.
- We use satellite hook-ups and we can get detailed map readouts to guide you.
- He testified in a court filled with 18th Century tradition, using high definition television and the latest in satellite hook-ups from Paris.
- And sales of broadband hookups surged 18%, to $97 million.
- A modem translates the computer's outgoing data into a form that can be transmitted through the phone hookup.
- All of my encounters with him were conducted via the magic of studio hook-ups.
- Those serving as far afield as the Middle East, Europe and the United States of America will soon be able to chat with and see their families through a computer hook-up.
- This fight gave birth to the age of satellite TV hook-ups.
- With the satellite hook-up from the 121st Signal Battalion, we were operational three hours after arrival in Mitrovica.
- Increased infrastructure, electrical hook-ups and modern-style buildings have no role in an ancient forest.
- The attorney general, who was in Moscow on other business, made the announcement through a television hook-up.
- The third arbitrator will be on a videoconference hook-up in Paris, Williams said.
- The caravan park has electrical hook-ups with a purpose built shower and toilet block.
- Miller looked at the television screen that connected him via satellite hookup to Washington.
- You can be sure defence lawyers will be calling the experts from the south to either appear in Queensland courts or take part in lengthy and expensive telephone hook-ups.
- The council said it was going to be stables - but you don't have three sets of electrical hook-ups and a cesspit for stables.
- That means the phones work in homes that don't have a broadband hookup or a wireless router of their own.
- The network would organise computer hook-ups, educational broadcasts, and the sharing of library resources among the participants.
- It's a tracking device alright, but it's through software that enables your satellite hook-up.
- This is a bit of a disaster because of the growing popularity of ADSL, DSL, and cable modem hook-ups.
- Electrical outlets, tabled work stations and necessary hook-ups for laptop and other portable computers will be available for high-speed Internet and Intranet access.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.