In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tolva feminine(of furnace) tragante masculine
- Evidence of the war was clear in Nick's arrival in the burned town and in the blackened hoppers.
- Their finding might also call into question a common industrial method for loosening materials that have become jammed together inside hoppers.
- One of the patterns is heated and clamped on top of a dump box or hopper, which contains the resin-refractory mixture.
- The resulting materials are loaded into hoppers, from where they are either bagged up or loaded directly into lorries for local delivery.
- They crush grains, they allow grains of different sorts to flow from hoppers and it's an area in which there is still a lot to be learnt.
- The outlets on the bottom of the individual hoppers are controlled by a rod that runs the length of the trailer.
- Pour your powder into the hopper, enter in your desired charge weight in grains, and press a button.
- You can load the hopper directly, or the hose can suck mulch materials into it.
- The poor bloke at the head of the asbestos sheeting line I worked on emptied bags of asbestos into the hopper by hand, with no mask on.
- First off, there are three basic styles of feeders: Tubes, platforms and hoppers.
- One job was tipping bags of raw asbestos into a hopper for mixing.
- The set-up consists of a large hopper of sand placed above a rough inclined plane.
- Material is pumped from the sea bed as a fluid mixture with water and is discharged into the dredger's hoppers where the heavy material rapidly sinks to the bottom.
- Steve poured the first batch into the hopper, and tilted it into the hot air chamber, also known as ‘the crucible‘.
- Most of them are unit trains of grain hoppers or container trains.
- Features include a hydraulic extendible eight-foot stroke, a floating hopper, a self-propelled hydraulic lift, and flotation tires for easy maneuvering on rough terrain.
- At best, they had to await their turn at the food hoppers and not get in the way of their superiors.
- On the right side of the dispenser is a valve to drain the hopper.
- A row of bulk hoppers dispenses organic cereals underneath a small shelf of skin-care potions.
- Specialist buildings are not required although investment in a feed bin, augur and hoppers is usually required for the ad lib feeding system and will keep labour requirements to a minimum.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.