In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Representatives of horsemen and breeders pleaded with the commissioners not to approve the plan.
- The horsemen's executive committee met on Tuesday and could come up with no solution for the problem.
- Harvey was a very good rider and an excellent horseman.
- Turfway is asking all horsemen to log their horses' temperatures twice a day.
- It is fantastic to see him reach this milestone - he is one of the best horseman in the business
- Ask your friends and fellow horsemen what they like and dislike about the barns that they work in.
- Moorhouse was impressed with all three horsemen and the progress they made with the fillies.
- One of our biggest regrets is that the horsemen, who have really stuck with us over the years, now have one less place to go.
- Many horsemen were hopeful for a January opening, but few now believe that is possible.
- The horseman should be poised, relaxed and in control of the situation.
- It is very important to become a better horseman and be aware of the little changes in your horse's behavior and attitude.
- If you have any questions or concerns, ask an experienced horseman or veterinarian for instruction.
- A lot of the old horsemen teaching this stuff took a lifetime to learn it.
- At the lake you can arrange logistics with the Kazakh horsemen who operate horseback riding services there.
- But what they are basically looking for is evidence that the horseman is trying to make a profit.
- The changes followed comments at a public hearing and meetings with horsemen.
- This statement is meant to appeal to the romantic image of Arabs as warriors and skilled horsemen.
- The trio plans to spend a few days visiting horsemen and officials around Newmarket.
- The Irishman has been one of the leading jockeys of recent seasons and is one of the shrewdest horsemen around.
- They were legendary horsemen, skilled in fighting both mounted and on foot.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.