In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1rábano picante masculine
- Interplant with horseradish, dead nettle, catnip, coriander, nasturtiums, and tansy.
- As soon as the soil can be worked, plant bare-root asparagus, horseradish, Jerusalem artichokes, and rhubarb.
- Approximately 70% of the horseradish peroxidase activity was recovered in the crude extract.
- Did you know that the green part of the horseradish plant was one of the five bitter herbs served on the traditional Passover seder plate during the reading of the Haggadah?
- A whole horseradish root is large, about 45 cm long.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.