In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1hospital masculinenosocomio masculine formal(service/treatment) hospitalarioto be in the hospital/ in hospital — estar hospitalizado
- he's going to have to go into the hospital/ into hospital — se va a tener que internar
- hospital administration — administración hospitalaria
- hospital doctor — médico de hospital
- hospital management — dirección hospitalaria
- hospital nurse — enfermera de hospital
- hospital porter — camillero
- It gets harder to manage your medication, so people end up in managed care and hospitals.
- There are four hospitals and five medical clinics in Kuta and the nearby Balinese capital of Denpasar.
- However, trying to get this information from primary care trusts or hospitals is very difficult.
- Evidence also exists that the quality of such care in hospitals and general practices is inadequate.
- The money raised has been used to fund care teams based at all major cancer treatment hospitals in the UK.
- They thus become nursing homes rather than hospitals, so that many patients cannot be safely discharged to them.
- The data is converted to rates that measure how well the hospitals care for their patients.
- The medical wards of hospitals admit the oldest and sickest people in our community.
- My doctor has referred me to the eye clinic at the local hospital for surgical treatment.
- Four hospitals provide emergency care in the cities of Manchester and Salford.
- Not all hospitals and healthcare facilities offer palliative care services.
- The emphasis of government health care policy is to move care away from hospitals into the community.
- Neath is a smaller hospital with a busy medical intake but no acute surgical services.
- After a long period of treatment in three hospitals he convalesced in Richmond Park.
- The injured were still undergoing intensive care at two hospitals in the city.
- The situation in relation to MRSA in nursing homes and hospitals is still under control, however.
- Seven other people were injured and admitted to nearby hospitals for treatment.
- Comparatively little is known about the prevalence of medical error outside hospitals.
- For adult critical care, star ratings do not reflect the quality of clinical care provided by hospitals.
- She had been given three weeks of antiretroviral treatment by the hospital in Bergen.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.