In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1punto caliente masculine
- It's just one hot button topic the nominee can expect to be grilled about when he fronts the Senate's Judiciary Committee.
- King had a knack for finding San Francisco's hot button issues and weaving them together to depict the city as being in grave danger from vice and political corruption.
- How will campaign finance reform and other hot button issues impact the fight for control of the House and Senate next year?
- This is particularly timely - I think that too many hot button issues are framed in moral terms when dealing with them practically begs for a more detached approach.
- Everyone pretty much knows that the looming fight over judges is actually a fight over the right to abortion, affirmative action, and a few other hot button issues.
- It's a hot button issue and just about everyone has a strong opinion.
- People don't think that politics can be absolutely hilarious, and getting involved politically doesn't have to be about arguing about hot button issues.
- And illegal immigrants in America, it's a hot button election issue, but what it's like for the people caught between the two countries?
- Also widely held is the notion that religion played a great part in what these moral issues were, i.e. gay marriage, abortion, and various other hot button issues.
- Crime is the hot button issue of modern politics, generating more heat than any other topic.
- The economy was one of several hot button issues during the campaign.
- For years judges have been dancing around hot button issues in their confirmation hearings.
- Edwards has also refused to wink in regard to the hot button issue of affirmative action.
- When a law and order former prosecutor and a crusading civil rights defense attorney team up on a hot button issue - you know it's an idea whose time has come.
- By far the hottest of the hot button issues addressed at the conference are border control and immigration.
- In 1968, Richard Nixon fine-tuned the strategy, picked the hot button issues of bussing, and quotas, adopted the policy of benign neglect and subtly stoked white racial fears.
- Even on the hot button issue of crime, the Democrats managed to pull even in the last decade.
- What does this mean when it comes to hot button issues like decency, the Internet over electrical lines and, of course, deregulation of media companies?
- A revolution that was settled, scientifically, over a century ago, is still a hot button issue in the United States.
- Gay marriage, it was one of the hot button issues in the presidential election.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.