In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1sofoco masculinebochorno masculinevaporada feminine informalcalor masculine River Plate informalshe keeps getting hot flushes — le dan sofocos (/ bochornos etc. )
- In the short term, it is taken to relieve menopausal symptoms such as hot flushes, night sweats, and vaginal dryness.
- A recent study suggests that eating 20 grams of soy protein daily for six weeks reduces women's hot flashes and other menopausal symptoms.
- Widening of the blood vessels in the face causes the hot flushes of the menopause.
- She will focus on menopause and accompanying symptoms such as hot flushes, headaches, memory loss and depression.
- Hormone replacement therapy is used mostly for the relief of menopausal symptoms such as hot flushes, and for the prevention of osteoporosis.
- An estimated 14 million American women take hormone therapy to help relieve hot flushes and other menopausal symptoms, as well as to prevent chronic conditions such as heart disease.
- Their effect is sometimes described as a ‘medical menopause’ and they can cause menopausal symptoms such as hot flushes.
- Night sweats are closely related to the classic menopausal symptom, the hot flush.
- However, it has been widely prescribed for prevention of osteoporosis (thinning of the bones) and relief of menopausal symptoms such as hot flashes.
- The most common symptom is hot flushes affecting the face and neck.
- Japanese women are said to experience a lower frequency of hot flushes at the menopause than Western women, and this has been partly attributed to their high phytoestrogen consumption.
- Although endocrine changes are permanent, menopausal symptoms such as hot flushes, which are experienced by about 70% of women, usually resolve with time.
- The debate over hormone replacement therapy in aging women has become as heated as a menopausal hot flash.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.