In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- I have raised a hot-headed crew of boys.
- Whatever the cause, this type of hot-headed outrage can never be tolerated.
- I like Jack, but he is too hot-headed.
- Afterward, federal troops pushed the crowd into town, where its more hotheaded members harried the soldiers.
- He did not get visibly angry; apparently he was not the hot-headed type.
- He plays Valentin, the hot-headed younger son for whom being a de Bellegarde means going penniless.
- The leading Shiite clergy rebuked the hot-headed radicals.
- Stott, a former ice hockey player, has shrugged off the slightly hot-headed image of his teenage years.
- Most people who knew Peter described him as hotheaded and ruthless.
- Emma felt annoyance in regards to their current president, because of his hasty, hot-headed temperament.
- Occasionally hot-headed, he is passionate without being a liability.
- Some really foolish, hotheaded remarks have been made about this post.
- An effective speaker and vigorous pamphleteer, Fletcher was hot-headed and uncompromising.
- Despite their hot-headed style, both players rank among the Premiership elite.
- Mention of hot-headed youngsters brings me to Alonso.
- He can no longer work, and has to ask his hotheaded brother Hammer for money.
- I don't think people should look at me as a hot-headed person.
- The feeling was mutual; Luke, the hot-headed aviator, was in no mood to surrender.
- I started to cry and felt the anger of a thousand hot-headed men.
- On the other hand, he is apparently sometimes pretty hot-headed.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.