In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Politicsteléfono rojo masculine
- The people of Scotland decided the final winners by voting in their thousands via telephone hotlines and the internet.
- I operate an emergency hotline to ensure that I can assist in securing a speedy hearing of these issues by the court whenever they arise.
- Adrian also has info on hotlines and phone directories for those unable to reach relatives, and links to sites which have lists of missing people.
- About six people a day are currently calling the hotline with vital intelligence about the sale of drugs.
- Those calling the hotline are referred onto police or community service officers for further help.
- A 24-hour manned hotline has also been set up to give information and deal with individual concerns.
- Officers were unable to find out which address the men were using to sell the drugs until the call to our hotline.
- Now join our campaign - the Evening Standard sets up an emergency hotline to report track defects.
- The woman shopkeeper saw her condition and called Childline, an emergency hotline for children in distress.
- In various cities, emergency hotlines and hostels have been set up for women and girls forced to flee their neighbourhoods.
- Instead, he suggested, they should have hotlines and said: ‘Call it telephone diplomacy‘.
- This season there will be a soybean rust hotline which is being funded by the Nebraska Soybean Board.
- The hotline will be operating day and night and 30 lines will be available simultaneously.
- But calls to their emergency hotline revealed 1,900 houses were without fuel.
2(for public)línea directa feminine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.