In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1personaje masculine(scientist) célebrea hotshot golfer — un as del golf
- Making an early return from UK, Martin narrowly took the honours from the Danish hotshots Phillip and Claus.
- Football remains the Stamford Bridge hotshot's top priority despite the glamour of his personal life, he insisted.
- The future seemed boundless for the 24-year-old Colombian hotshot.
- If he is athletic and handsome and popular with girls, it's quite likely that other boys see him as some kind of hotshot or prima donna or threat.
- Meanwhile, Benitez has backed Norwegian hotshot John Arne Riise to keep finding the target following three goals in four games over the Christmas period.
- Citroen's young hotshot, Sébastien Loeb, winner of this year's Monte Carlo Rally, came to Mexico simply to make a reconnaissance sortie.
- Michael Twiss headed just wide when he should really have scored but the hotshot made up for it five minutes from time.
- Of all the stories about the homecoming of this banking hotshot, the one about the limos gets the most mileage.
- It's 15 years later, and Cole, still troubled but now possessing an MBA from Wharton, is just another overeducated, underemployed hotshot in a struggling economy.
- I'm no hotshot, but after four years, I've acquired a high level of skill.
- The 21-year-old hotshot, who signed on a month's loan from Aston Villa on Wednesday, met his new team-mates for the first time only yesterday.
- Anyway, my father wants me to be some business hotshot, like him.
- I kept on pretending to crash into walls, but still acted like I was some hotshot.
- The son inherits his father's driving talent and makes a name for himself as street car racing hotshot.
- Allen's an investigator there, a boozy, chauvinistic hotshot who solves all the tough cases with the help of his connections on the street.
- The board had agreed a fee for the 19-year-old Scouse hotshot and he and his agent John Seasman were in talks for most of Thursday.
- This leaves the way open for a full Premiership start for Brazilian hotshot Mario Jardel.
- The coaches signed a junior-college hotshot, but he bolted in the spring.
- Scott is considered a hotshot among young coaches for his work ethic, ability to reach the young players and winning background.
- Unfortunately, Ben came out less the entrepreneuring hotshot that he had been made out to be and more a normal young man who had hit upon a good idea when he was 17.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.