In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(hot water bottle)bolsa de agua caliente feminine
- Put your pal to bed in the packet then snuggle up to your hottie.
- Snuggle up with a hottie bottle.
2masculine tipo buenomasculine tío bueno Spainmasculine mango Mexico informalmasculine mino Southern Cone informalfeminine tipa buenafeminine tía buena Spainmasculine mango Mexico informalfeminine mina Southern Cone informalwhat a hottie! — ¡qué tipo / tío tan bueno!
- I cast looks at the young boys and decided Kai would have been quite the hottie in high school.
- An unwanted actor who had been shamefully tossed aside by Hollywood was simply at the mercy of these young hotties.
- A man with a babe on his arm, explains founder Shane Forbes, is more likely to attract other hotties.
- As the camera flitted here and there, I noticed many, many hotties.
- The sound of twigs cracking echoed around her and the next thing she knew, she was flat on her back with the young hottie on top of her.
- Imagine, the first thing you see is the fruit counter, where high school hotties are busying themselves arranging the bananas.
- Don't just sit there while the girls' softball team attracts all the hotties to their lunch table.
- That and the fact that Jimmy Stewart was a serious hottie in his younger years…
- I know this makes for a great pick-up line with the young hotties but, hormonally, both genders reach their sexual peak in the late teens/early 20s.
- No sociobiologist would claim that men are ‘within their rights’ to pursue young hotties.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.