In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1de una hora de duración
- Mourners packed inside the church about half an hour before the hour-long service began.
- Believe me when I say the hour-long introduction and two hour show kept me on the edge of my seat.
- Well it's an hour-long episode which is something we've never done before.
- The series will feature nine original hour-long shows, as well as a special two-hour live finale.
- The house can arrange hour-long tours for groups of up to fifty people.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.