1luces de la sala feminine
- Angelique did the usual thing, where she walks off stage, but the house lights don't come up, nor does the band even pretend that they aren't coming back.
- Only during the finale, when the house lights were brought up, were the quotation marks removed from La Sonnambula.
- The house lights dimmed then, and the stage lights kicked on - temporarily blinding me.
- Then darkness is exchanged for subtle house lights.
- During productions the house lights would remain on, allowing audience members to be aware of each other as well as the dramatic action.
- In true street-performer style, several of the performers brought up the house lights to pluck audience members onstage to be humiliated.
- And not only because the lighting designer has turned the house lights down and is playing with the spotlights, making the interview feel staged.
- When the scenes were reached, the house lights were turned up and the situation was explained to the public.
- Weirdly as I took my bow the house lights (the lights in the auditorium) came up.
- The problem is that this bring-your-own venue presentation leaves no room for dramatic nuance, stranding the actors to ham their way through it with the house lights up.
- The first-night audience kept applauding after the house lights came up, and there can be few greater compliments.
- His defences were cast aside, the house lights were up and they could see each other, them and him.
- The house lights go up and a powerful light is thrown on the audience.
- The impression is one of a long daily process that begins months before rehearsal and extends right up to the moment the house lights dim.
- The curtain opened, the house lights found her and had the band not already begun playing then the entire audience would have heard the sounds of our hearts breaking.
- Some appreciative audience members were on their feet applauding even before the house lights came up for the curtain call.
- At approximately 10.45 pm, the house lights dim, the searchlights start to sweep the audience and bingo!
- Jack heard the announcement, and saw the house lights come up from beneath the front curtain.
- The show is performed with house lights up and requires tons of audience participation.
- Both men leaned forward as the house lights dimmed, and a new set of lights, previously unnoticed, came alive, all around them.