In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1hombre que se ocupa de la casa mientras su mujer sale a trabajaramo de casa masculine humorous
- I wonder if IT support men really are house husbands who work from home?
- A house husband got more than he bargained for when he decided to have his ponytail chopped off for charity.
- The second mistake is insuring the family's breadwinner and forgetting to insure a non-working partner, such as a housewife or house husband.
- Marnie hesitated for a half second too long, looking at the man who'd designated himself as her house husband.
- Women achievers, however, find it difficult to find men willing to sacrifice their careers to become house husbands.
- But the 38-year-old house husband proved he has an eye for a bargain by claiming a basketful of prizes worth thousands of pounds.
- When Marnie feels stronger, I'd like to be her house husband so she can work.
- I'm more like a house husband with a well paid hobby.
- You often describe your house husband days as dreary and full of angst.
- However I've been a house husband since 1988 at home with the kids, and I'm here virtually 20 hours a day.
- I'm sure you could work around your duties as a house husband.
- Its effects and products touch the statesman and the soldier, the house husband and the grocer.
- He's not a house husband, although he has a separate detached office on our property where he does his work and his painting.
- However, Curly must have feared he'd turned into a dead end when he gave up his job as manager at a supermarket to become a house husband, looking after baby Ben.
- My son is now a house husband and part-time senior cardiograph technician working between two hospitals looking after two children.
- I became the house husband, and got quite good at cooking gourmet meals in our very nicely equipped kitchen.
- ‘There was no way, however, that I was turning into a house husband,’ he said.
- Had we claimed Jonathan to be a house husband or something, then my cover letter would have been fine to show we were financially capable of leasing.
- I became a house husband, actually, for a little while.
- Is he on a different shift, is he a house husband?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.