In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1(dwellings)viviendas femininebefore noun poor housing conditions — viviendas inadecuadas
- housing market — mercado inmobiliario
- housing shortage — escasez de viviendas
- She hated housing developments where every house was a clone of another.
- Our young people in particular need affordable housing and starter homes to save them having to leave their community and move elsewhere.
- In late 1999, the government announced that it intended to force builders to provide social and affordable housing units within their developments.
- It has increased substantially over the past year, but continues to offer some of the most affordable housing in the country.
- The first group of 300 people has moved into their new homes in the Brickfields housing development in Newtown.
- Thirty-three of the flats would be affordable housing.
- The general view was that they wanted affordable housing, not flats, and I think they are entirely right.
- The bureau was established in 1999 with the aim of providing small and affordable housing plans to people building houses.
- The first phase of the largest development of homes under the affordable housing scheme in this country sold within the space of two weeks in May in Dublin.
- Our base assumption is that 25 per cent of the flats will be affordable housing.
- We must embark seriously and rapidly on the road to environmentally sustainable energy consistent with the development of sustainable housing.
- The book is being commissioned as part of a new Sligo County Council social and affordable housing scheme in Dromore West.
- These are kids who grew up in tenements, high rises, government housing or row houses.
- South Woodham town councillors have again stated their opposition to plans to build affordable housing and retirement flats in the town
- Development and social services, especially affordable housing, were also big concerns.
- The other runs a series of housing developments, building homes for the new middle class.
- Another objective was in relation to the integration of social and affordable housing into all developments which take place.
- The significance of this development is that it is the first site with a substantial number of houses under the affordable housing scheme.
- Those with no hope of purchasing a home on the open market could avail of cheaper homes under social affordable housing schemes administered by the local authority.
- Provisos include making 20 per cent of residential properties on the development affordable housing.
1.2(provision of houses)the government's policy on housing — la política del gobierno en cuanto al problema de la vivienda
- the housing of refugees in these camps — el alojamiento de refugiados en estos campamentos
2.1(cover)caja protectora feminine
- Among the main components of a gear-type pump for which aluminum may be used are the housing and end covers.
- Mr Greenhalgh went on: ‘Noise won't be a factor either because of state of the art noise damping equipment and acoustic housings we will install.
- The proposed chambers have been designed to incorporate the entire burial area and would include memorial housings, pathways, wheelchair access, drainage and gravel finishing.
- Shahab said their housings appeared to have been reinforced and filled with some kind of fluid.
- At one time the little robot had been covered with a steel housing.
- Transmitter and receiver are supplied fully enclosed in housings measuring 45 x 55 x 15 mm with connectors for external dipole antennas.
- Interconnecting components within an enclosed compartment extend through openings in the housings to provide electrical interconnections to the next compartment to be assembled.
- Head and legroom levels are class leading while the generous interior width and an absence of protruding wheel housings maximise space and provide very adequate hip and shoulder room for the driver and all passengers.
- Also, some reactor housings will have to be hardened to protect them from air attack.
- As a result, the disk drive is still protected inside the computer housing and many users have never seen a disk drive in actual shape and form.
- They have a broad range of applications, from caulking medical equipment housings to adhering pacemaker leads.
- This makes it suitable for insertion into small housings, large instrumentation, or analytical equipment.
- When it's really coming down, don't use your SLR unless you have it protected by a waterproof device such as plastic-bag type housings.
- Throughout the entire process there are over 500 measurements taken with both the housings / covers as well as the gear sets.
- Small housings and enclosures are among the products that would benefit.
- These mirrors will be arranged in 16 housings each containing 15 nested shells ranging from 50 to 94 mm in diameter.
- Intrusion-detection equipment has also been available in hidden housings.
- Electronic engine components are usually enclosed in plastic housings which are formed from molten plastic in injection molding machines.
- The detachable magazine holds 10 rounds and is contained in a modular housing that comes down as far as the trigger guard.
- To be on the safe side, the camera housings were taken back down and switch on has been put back by about six weeks while the technical issues are fully resolved.
2.2(hole)abertura femininehueco masculine
- Which housings / trims are rated for damp location?
- Clamp a piece of straight edged waste wood in line with one of the groove lines and using the waste wood as guide, saw down to the bottom of the housing.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.