In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(expressing surprise) ¿qué?(expressing disbelief, derision) ¡ja!(expressing disbelief, derision) sí, sí …(in inquiry) ¿eh?
- For a couple who's only kissed twice, I think they're doing pretty damn well, huh?
- For all the time he spends in the lab, he must publish at a pretty impressive rate, huh?
- Maybe they could pay for you to get a haircut too huh?
- Speaking of which, I probably need to decide who I'm voting for pretty soon, huh?
- Summer vacation is over and it's time to hit the books, huh?
- But the one thing I've learned while keeping this site is that, huh, I am not alone.
- Just what the doctor ordered for policemen fighting naxalites today, huh!
- Based on these questions, you really have to prepare for them, huh?
- They'll go, huh, this is cool.
- It's funny how certain scents can remind you of things, huh?
- They steal your ideas, they steal your guitar licks, they steal your songs, they steal your money - huh!
- Too bad, I thought a 3 year relationship would have been stronger huh?
- So much for weblogs as the great promotional tool of the future, huh?
- Still, it's just as well, if not better, to get paid for standing around doing very little and trying out new cosmetics products, huh?
- Being mistaken for Kate's mother didn't dent my ego too much. Huh.
- It tells me how people have found me and stuff, pretty neat huh?
- FIrst of all the Monarchy is not a democratic organisation, surprised huh?
- She suggested that I was in the wrong cycling as I was in the gutter and that I should have been in the middle of the road facing the oncoming traffic - huh!
- Funny how people are either cat people or dog people, huh?
- What gives you the right to comment on the love Michael and I had, huh?
- Once again, that middle class just doesn't know what's good for it, huh?
- I guess that means I'll have a reason to laugh when you're buried in your grave, huh!
- I guess I'm just going to have to develop a sense of humor, huh?
- This picture isn't quite what I was doing, but it's pretty impressive, huh?
- So all in all that sounds a pretty good deal, huh?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.