In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(mind/body/voice) humanothe human race — el género humano
- to form a human chain — formar una cadena humana
- to use sb as a human shield — usar a algn de escudo
- I'm only human — (todos) somos humanos
- it's only human to want what you can't have — es natural y humano desear lo que no se puede tener
- what she lacks is the human touch — lo que le falta es calor humano
- It constantly amazes me how the minds of the human race in general work, or cease to work, as the case may be.
- The human mind cannot tolerate the spectre of waste presented by the possibility of chicanery without detection.
- Our understanding of how the human body was made up was now much more comprehensive.
- The slide show and the model of a human body facilitated better understanding.
- The human body and mind work according to the nature's laws, which are eternal, and immutable.
- Similarly, it is irrational to consider undeveloped human bodies as if they were fully developed ones.
- To understand my point, you first need to take a moment to consider the human body.
- But I consider the human body to be more like the sensitive engine of a fine sports car.
- This is rather my thoughts and feelings concerning what has happened and what we as a human race need to consider next.
- The Enlightenment assumes that knowledge is objective, good and accessible to the human mind.
- The human body and mind are more flexible than engines and batteries.
- Even in the most passive form, the energy requirements of a human body are considerable.
- The next thing we need to understand is how the human race is meant to move forward towards these ideals.
- This went so far that certain authors considered the human races to be different species.
- There, among the babbling minds of the incompetent human race, was my beloved Farrell.
- Galen had worked mainly on Barbary apes, considered closest to the human race.
- Understanding this logic, they believed, might unlock our understanding of how the human mind works.
- We need to have a much richer account of the way in which the human mind and body operate together in the complex activity we know as sex.
- There are no simple formulae for understanding the human mind and how it develops.
- It is this characteristic of the human mind which makes an appeal to force necessary.
1ser humano masculine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.