In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ser humano masculine
- There's no room in this system for being treated like an individual human being.
- I am a mild mannered fellow with a respect for all good human beings and all religions and cultures.
- We would not let an animal suffer like this, so why should a human being be left to suffer?
- The naked photo takes away these elements and shows the person as a human being.
- Each day he has looked at a key issue facing us as a nation, as a people, as frail human beings.
- One may also be born as a human being with severe mental and physical disabilities.
- We may well decide that it was the most evil act ever perpetrated by human beings on fellow people.
- There is a great effort by many human beings to control the animal populations.
- To call this process a sport is insulting to the animals and degrading to human beings.
- People will argue that as intelligent human beings we are above basic instincts.
- He did not help me because of a divine instruction, but because of the shared values of human beings.
- We human beings differ from most animals in that we act upon nature to produce the things we want and need.
- It was appalling to see those broken bodies, human beings treated worse than dogs.
- It is no use pointing out the obvious differences between human beings and all other animals.
- Some men in this culture literally do not see women as human beings but as body parts.
- It is as close to being a perfect food for them as it is for human beings and animals.
- For the cause of a human action is not an event at all, but an agent: a person, a human being.
- I actually think that people had more chance to develop as rounded human beings in my school.
- Yet these are human beings like you and me, people who think and feel, who hurt and can be hurt.
- At first sight, the distinction between a person and a human being might appear to be a specious one.
2(in value judgments)persona feminineshe's a wonderful human being — es una persona estupenda / una gran persona
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.