In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1naturaleza humana femininewe all do it, it's human nature — todos lo hacemos, así es la naturaleza humana
- Gambling is a fundamental part of human nature - we all take risks in daily life.
- Two stages were built for the show, representing the masculine and feminine sides of human nature.
- They were artists in their own right, but more, they were observers of human nature.
- You have restored my faith in human nature and it proves that not all young people are yobs or thugs.
- That is what we have realised after a long and close observation of human nature.
- It is our human nature as social animals to attempt to interact with each other in a profitable manner.
- It is part of human nature for a parent to show a little favouritism towards their own children.
- It's human nature for people to reveal things at one moment that they regret a week or a year later.
- They pointed out how little human nature has changed over the last thousand years.
- There are bad facets of human nature, and these have to be restrained, mitigated, diverted.
- It's good, though, to find someone who is even more pessimistic about human nature than I am.
- Call me naive, but I still have enough faith in human nature to believe that they cannot succeed in this.
- Clearly, such views are derived from a very depressing take on human nature.
- It's human nature that in uncertain times we become more conservative and less speculative.
- How could you have a glowing view of human nature when you contemplate what people do to one another?
- I despair of human nature; children are being taught that it is okay to be heartless to wild animals.
- It's human nature to slow down just before a camera and then speed up again.
- As luck would have it, human nature means we all need different things at different times in different ways.
- Catastrophes of this magnitude and nature serve to bring out the best in human nature.
- The great thing about human nature is that we can make just about anything routine.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.