In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1derechos humanosbefore noun human rights activist — activista por los derechos humanos
- human rights campaign — campaña por los derechos humanos
- human rights campaigner — defensora de los derechos humanos
- human rights organization — organización de (los) derechos humanos
- They want local councils to pass a resolution condemning this violation of human rights.
- Should we just sit back and let him, because war is wrong and it's an infringement of human rights?
- Do you demand victory with the passion of a man demanding basic human rights?
- An inclusive agenda for human rights must make human rights the basis of economic systems.
- Torture is okay as long as it's done for the sake of maintaining freedom and human rights.
- It is a basic issue of human rights that individuals can observe their religion.
- I believe that that is a basic human right for a man, a woman, and their children.
- Here is to be found the origin of much of the rhetoric of universal human rights.
- Where the violation of fundamental human rights is concerned, no more than this is needed.
- More and more states had come to believe in and observe democratic norms and human rights.
- They argued that publicity would breach their human rights, but the case was lost.
- Yet it is these same left wing groups that claim to be very interested in human rights.
- We believe that democracy and human rights are worth defending with all our strength.
- They were found to undermine human rights by forcing strong medications on ill people.
- Readers will be unsurprised that sites that look at abuses of human rights are blocked.
- Breaching basic human rights is not the way to deal with serious terrorist threats.
- That even prisoners can fight for their human rights inspired us to write about it.
- It's hard on the need for universal human rights and the rule of international law.
- That fundamental human right belongs to all women regardless of whether they are disabled or not disabled.
- He was a lawyer and a trade union activist, a campaigner for human rights and democracy.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.