In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(person/values/treatment) humanitario(values/treatment/person) humanothe humane society — la sociedad benéfica / humanitaria
- For me the ban, when implemented, will represent a step towards a more humane treatment of wild animals.
- You might also be interested to know that there has been a survey done to determine how much the public cares about humane treatment of the animals they use for food.
- Therefore, they have rights of dignity, humane treatment, access to legal advice, and even correspondence.
- The Council will at all times act in a humane and compassionate fashion.
- It means the animal was raised under a specific set of protocols for humane treatment.
- It takes away all things that makes humans humane - tolerance, trust, generosity and compassion.
- A new understanding of animal rights and humane animal treatment was what led him to become an activist and environmentalist, Mason said.
- Should we protest, now, for the humane treatment of prisoners?
- She assured him that she and her colleagues would adopt a compassionate and humane approach to all such cases.
- The humane treatment of the animals was also a major priority.
- Generally, people who are astrologers or consult astrologers are humane, compassionate, insightful people, by and large.
- I have full faith that our scientists will go forward with a moral compass - with humane values and sound ethics guiding the way.
- How long should humane people tolerate that treatment and do nothing?
- Qualitatively speaking, there may even be something compassionate and humane in it.
- One of its top priorities, the company says, is the humane treatment of animals.
- These were the sort of things that tend to blur the clear perception of the visionary - troublesome motes like compassion and humane understanding and social concern.
- We should aspire, along with being world champions in the sporting arena, to being the most humane and compassionate people on this planet.
- Esther's indomitable humane compassion drives her to risk her own life to oppose narrow and violent evil.
- One thing I do understand is that the more you try and push people into a more humane and understanding approach the more they tend to dig in their heels.
- Could we not have protected our borders in more humane and compassionate ways?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.