In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The roots of ethnology lay, in turn, in the traditions of natural history, moral philosophy and humanism.
- This has something to do with humanism, and humanist rationality.
- Teaching humanism would be one important step towards ensuring that school education reflects their views.
- I've always believed in the twin values of rationalism and humanism, but humanism has often felt as though it got short shrift in our community.
- At the beginning of university, I was influenced by rationalism and humanism.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.