In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1el género humano formal literary
- In its seeming ambiguity yet divine reality it remains free of the influence of humankind and our lusts.
- Outer space is a common heritage of all humankind to be shared and appreciated with awe.
- Some people have done so much for humankind that their names write history.
- The blood and tears of this past week are a reminder, terror is as old as humankind.
- The seabed is explicitly called the common heritage of humankind and cannot be claimed by any one country.
- These finely-tuned killing machines have fascinated humankind for centuries.
- Neanderthal man bore enough similarities to modern man to have once been thought to be the species humankind evolved from.
- Conscience and science must go hand in hand to prevent the destruction of humankind.
- Today, humankind has the science and technology to destroy itself or to provide prosperity to all.
- Trees with unsafe limbs can be pruned or pollarded at the correct time of year to extend their life and keep their benefit for humankind.
- They are the enemies of democracy and the enemies of all humankind.
- Such pursuit is an inherent part of living in a fallen world that is subject to the sins of humankind.
- Though leavened with humour, the play is a dispassionate survey of humankind's folly.
- That, alone, raises the most terrifying prospects for the future of humankind.
- It should have made us all proud to be of such brotherhood of humankind.
- That is not to say that with effort and discipline humankind cannot manage some amazing achievements of thought.
- How can humankind's darkest hour be conveyed by a medium fundamentally committed to entertainment?
- Obviously I'm a mild mannered man with an unending love for humankind, and I only ever see the best in people.
- Yet knowledgeable economists agree that these restrictions are bad for humankind.
- If this is true, it is a testament to the fact that advances in technology do not always represent progress for humankind.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.