- The humerus is the largest bone of the upper extremity.
- The rotator cuff is made up of a ring of muscles and ligaments that joins the head of the humerus to the shoulder joint.
- The elbow joint is formed by three bones; the humerus, radius, and ulna.
- The other concomitant injuries were bilateral serial rib fractures and fractures of both clavicles, scapula, humerus, and pelvis.
- Fractures of the humerus, scapula and clavicle usually result from a direct blow or a fall onto an outstretched hand.