In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(manner/person) sin sentido del humor(person/manner) sin gracia(smile) forzado
- Thankfully, real life is not so humourless.
- Rock was a sad excuse for a lead, and played his part in a humorless and ridiculous manner.
- The majority of my blog readers are overweight, whining, humorless Americans.
- Angry writing is also, more often than not, completely humorless.
- A seemingly humorless workaholic, the bespectacled Uribe could be mistaken for an accountant or professor.
- Geary exhaled a gust of humorless laughter.
- Richard let out a humorless bark of laughter.
- I have heard Germans make that humorless statement.
- So long as big and dumb does not slide into boring, self-indulgent and humorless, I am there.
- Ford and Neeson stay locked inside their humourless characters.
- Now the songs are longer, the beat is more ponderous and the message largely humorless.
- This would just mark you down as a humourless killjoy.
- If it is too technical and humorless viewers will leave.
- I should have guessed that someone so apparently humourless could not keep a straight face for so long.
- Woodward is not rude, arrogant or humourless, at least not all at the same time.
- The good ones are fun and clever; the bad ones humourless and pedantic.
- The technical dialogue sounds fine, but the crew are largely humourless and speak in one voice.
- His laugh is an expletive, a sharp burst of humourless sound.
- Most people, including therapists, can tolerate nearly any epithet about themselves except that they are humorless.
- He tends to the earnest and humorless when audiences seem to crave passion and personality.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.