In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1lanzador masculinelanzadora femininepítcher masculine
- This master of intercepting pitches with his body singled out one hurler as the most aggressive he faced.
- Five hurlers recalled recently their first and only taste of all-star action.
- That is also the most wins ever by a left-handed hurler.
- ‘He's got a funny spin on his fastball,’ the veteran hurler told Allen.
- The stubborn hurler stormed off the mound, refusing to pitch.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.