1Farmingagricultura femininemixed/subsistence husbandry — agricultura mixta/de subsistencia
- animal husbandry — cría de animales
- The first strategy is through improvements in crop husbandry.
- James is a keen tillage operator who, in addition to his top quality grain, also maintains an excellent standard of crop husbandry, crop records and environment control.
- The average person lacks the specialized equipment and expertise to provide properly for the containment, medical care, husbandry, and nutrition of a large, wild, or exotic cat.
- In this respect, the model offers considerable practical utility: decisions in crop husbandry must necessarily be based on a few simple observations.
- They have opened the way to a new phase in the history of agriculture, animal breeding and husbandry.
- First off, I don't really know all that much about animal breeding, husbandry, land use or butchery, and am bound to make a lot of mistakes.
- According to the zoo's website, the core business of the Johannesburg Zoo ‘is the accommodation, enrichment, husbandry and medical care of wild animals’.
- The school also pioneered training for students in livestock production and husbandry when pigs and poultry were kept at the school and managed on a commercial basis.
- The maintaining of good animal records, and ensuring a high standard of animal welfare and husbandry, are among the more important provisions of the scheme.
- An overview of the crop husbandry and sampling dates are summarized in Table 1.
- In addition, caretakers under the close supervision of veterinary staff provide husbandry to the animals every day.
- Research results have been incorporated into farm practices to benefit animals farmed for their fur through improvements in housing, disease prevention, nutrition, husbandry, breeding and selection.
- We learn about the ecological impacts of agriculture, husbandry, charcoal production, mills and dams, commercial logging, city sewers, and commercial fishing.
- The agricultural base of the settlement was a mixed economy dominated by sheep and cattle husbandry and wheat cultivation.
- For Maasai to remain ‘people of the cattle,’ livestock husbandry must continue as the core feature of a diversified livelihood.
- In the 1997 report, the group I chaired made a series of recommendations for controlling the disease including work related to husbandry, badgers and vaccination.
- A balanced animal and arable husbandry was practised only in parts of the British Isles, Denmark, Flanders, and the Swiss cantons, which were oriented towards the market.
- He taught his subjects husbandry and agriculture, the use of stone for building.
- Rob has been working for the aquarium for an impressive 33 years and is probably best known for his work with the seals and his involvement in animal training and husbandry.
- This included sound nutrition based on good crop husbandry and spacious accommodation combined with good stockmanship, skills which he had learnt through his family background in cattle farming in the UK.
2(thrifty management)buena administración feminine
- Now, more than four years after the launch, their careful husbandry has developed the business.
- Its function was essentially one of marketing and general husbandry.
- For a country legendary for thrift and good husbandry, this is a disgraceful display of profligacy.
- I have attempted to ask the council why no pruning and general husbandry has taken place but have received no reply on this issue.
- This performance depends on, you guessed it, good husbandry of the economy.