In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- About 90 percent of children with the most severe form of spina bifida develop hydrocephalus, or fluid on the brain.
- Sometimes, the large head size reflects hydrocephalus (excess fluid in the brain) and requires surgery.
- Neuroimaging may diagnose vascular disease, normal pressure hydrocephalus, tumors, abscess, or subdural hematoma.
- Patients with neurologic diseases such as hydrocephalus and meningitis may also present with persistent vomiting.
- These conditions include stroke, multiple sclerosis, spina bifida, epilepsy, hydrocephalus and many other conditions.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.