In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- This phenomenon may be related to streamflow regulation for hydroelectric power generation.
- This wrecked flood control, municipal and industrial water storage, irrigation and hydroelectric power.
- This followed, in turn, the construction of dams in the various catchments, for irrigation and/or hydroelectric power generation.
- Glaciers supply much of the fresh water and hydroelectric power in South and Central Asia.
- To generate electricity, we use hydroelectric power, coal and nuclear energy.
- The firm has a reservoir system that provides hydroelectric power both for its own operations and for sale to others.
- Most electricity is generated by hydroelectric sources.
- Use the sun's energy via solar panels, wind, wave and hydroelectric power to convert water into hydrogen and oxygen.
- It is a source for irrigation and hydroelectric power.
- Electricity generated through the use of waterwheels or hydraulic turbines is known as hydroelectric power.
- The county is rich in natural resources, including timber, hydroelectric power, and mineral deposits.
- The dam made hydroelectric power possible by forcing water through giant turbines.
- Later in the day when the floodgates of the hydroelectric dam upstream close, the water will slowly fall.
- A hydroelectric dam keeps the water flow constant through fall, but spring melts really make the rapids sing.
- A new way to use flowing water to generate electricity may lead to gadget-size, hydroelectric batteries.
- This in turn has meant that turbines at some hydroelectric power stations in the province have been unable to operate at maximum capacity.
- Aside from hydroelectric power generation, the major industries are heavily dependent on the agricultural sector.
- Laos has great potential for hydroelectric power and currently exports electricity to Thailand.
- Glaciers supply much of the fresh water and hydroelectric power in the region.
- Exports include petroleum and natural gas, hydroelectric power, metals, chemicals, paper pulp, and fish.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.