In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Its scientific agenda brought back invaluable information about flora, fauna, hydrology and geography.
- Physical sciences, particularly earth sciences such as geology and hydrology, are popular subjects for study and research in Oman's university and in a number of government ministries.
- A synthesis of many disciplines, hydrology is the science of water, its properties, its circulation, and its distribution in Earth and atmospheric systems.
- The international conference is a forum for student teams to present the results of Earth science research projects about atmosphere, climate, hydrology, soil, land cover/biology, and phenology.
- The choice is made on the basis of their international significance in terms of ecology, botany, zoology, limnology, or hydrology.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.