In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Exposure assessment was made by occupational hygienists, who used questionnaires, interviews, and measurements.
- Experienced industrial hygienists inspected the buildings and noted details of their construction, including the type of ventilation system.
- The French hygienists commented: ‘The stagnant waters of the inundated places are no less noxious to public health than the burial grounds.’
- For experienced hygienists, the pay is around $250 to $300 per day.
- Responsibility was delegated to the Ministry of Health, the main hygienist of the Slovak Republic, and regional hygienists.
- It is impossible to find a hygienist who does not debase his theory of the healthful with a theory of the virtuous.
- After the property was dried out, an industrial hygienist came in to make sure it was safe to inhabit.
- Even if you're not covered, contact an industrial hygienist or a company that specializes in mold remediation to take a look.
- Such sampling is the purview of the industrial hygienist.
- In the past, industrial hygienists mainly focused their concerns on inhalation exposure.
- Medical surveillance is ideally performed along with a work-site review conducted by an appropriate professional, such as an industrial hygienist.
- In addition some companies will have occupational hygienists to assist the safety advisers, for example with monitoring noise and dusts.
- Many hygienists began to think that there was no threshold level for carcinogens.
- The safety manager/industrial hygienist conducted a sampling of mass concentration of particulates.
- That unpredictability is why industrial hygienists get all twitchy when they hear ‘mercury’ and ‘carpet’ in the same sentence.
- For example, fluorescent tracers and video imaging have allowed industrial hygienists to measure farm workers' exposure to pesticides.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.