In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Hypertext or hypermedia are the basis of most computer-based learning materials.
- One important form of editorial comment concerns suggesting and promoting new forms of hypermedia literacies.
- One aspect of hypertext and hypermedia, for example, is its capacity to link sources in ways that disrupt the continuity of a narrative.
- The present invention comprises a novel system for authoring and publishing hypermedia works.
- Computer multimedia and hypermedia offer exciting possibilities as well as unsolved problems for cultural communication and art.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.