In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- There have also been joint efforts to build a hypersonic aircraft for commercial purposes.
- He remembered the planning for hypersonic flight, faster than five times the speed of sound, leading up to the X - 15 program.
- In the case of X - 43, the thrust will propel the vehicle at hypersonic speeds up to Mach 10.
- They were made with a material that could stand hypersonic speeds.
- The M45 propulsion system has three-stage solid fuel rocket motors producing hypersonic speed.
- The US space's experimental hypersonic research aircraft, the X - 43A, could one day revolutionise long-distance travel.
- He suddenly felt like he was rocketing skyward at hypersonic speed.
- At such hypersonic speeds, planes could fly around the world in a matter of hours.
- Going at hypersonic speed, everything that David passed was a giant blur.
- Last year's successful Mach 10 hypersonic flight of the X - 43A proved the concept.
- Astronauts and cosmonauts have all reached hypersonic speeds while passing through the atmosphere on their way to or from orbit.
- The multi-year project, called X - 43C, will expand the hypersonic flight envelope for air-breathing engines.
- When a particle slams into it at hypersonic speeds, the particle bores its way in and gradually comes to a stop, intact.
- A single shooter employing this hypersonic weapon can cover 49 times the area reachable with a conventional cruise weapon.
- The rifle fires steel spikes at near hypersonic speeds, using a magnetic system to power it.
- The X - 43A is the first aircraft to reach hypersonic speeds using an air-breathing engine.
- Their record on clocking school buses at hypersonic speeds is not noted.
- The two main contenders are hypersonic ramjets or scramjets and nanotube-based space elevators.
- To recap, the X - 43A is a prototype hypersonic aircraft, powered by a ‘scramjet’.
- NASA today convened a board to determine the cause of Saturday's loss of the first X - 43A unpiloted hypersonic research aircraft.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.