In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- She had insulin dependent type 2 diabetes, with hypertension and hyperlipidaemia.
- Body shape at birth has some impact on the risk of several adult diseases, including hypertension and diabetes.
- The patient had a medical history of asthma, diabetes mellitus, and hypertension.
- A note for a diabetic with hypertension and heart disease can easily run two pages.
- People with excess body fat have a greater risk for such illnesses as diabetes and hypertension.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.