In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Cardiac hypertrophy - the enlargement of the heart muscle cells - can be fatal.
- Many risk factors for coronary artery disease also are predictors of hypertension, left ventricular hypertrophy, and diabetes mellitus.
- The antioxidative properties of statins also prevent the development of cardiac and smooth muscle cell hypertrophy.
- There may be evidence of cardiac ischemia, ventricular hypertrophy, or pericardial disease.
- It leads to left ventricular hypertrophy and increased connective tissue content, both of which decrease cardiac compliance.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.