In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1hipnogógicohypnagogic hallucination — alucinación hipnogógica feminine
- Acquaint yourself with the nature of hypnagogic and hypnopompic phenomena, as well.
- These patients also reported and described hypnagogic images upon falling asleep.
- He automatically shook it off in his hypnagogic state and quickly fell asleep.
- I wasn't sure whether or not I was suffering from a hypnagogic hallucination!
- Sleep paralysis occurs in the hypnagogic state or the hypnopompic state.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.